Marisa H Borders
- Assistant Professor, Medical Imaging - (Clinical Scholar Track)
- Co-Director, Tucson Breast Center
The Banner University Breast Imaging Center plays an integral role in the comprehensive team approach to breast care for women and men, before, during, and after their diagnosis and treatment of various breast problems, including breast cancer. Our center is a busy site that caters to the needs of patients from all backgrounds. Being a competent breast imager in any setting demands the very unique but necessary combination of a thorough attentiveness to the most minute of details, highly accurate procedural skills, and a compassionate and hands-on approach to patient care. I am confident that I have this necessary combination of interpretive accuracy, breast procedural expertise, and a kind and approachable nature. My three years of experience in the private practice sector before returning to the academic setting in 2009 refined my work methods, helping to streamline my practice into an even more efficient process. My current academic position allows me to perform multiple invasive procedures, interpret screening and diagnostic mammograms, breast ultrasounds and breast MRI examinations, thoroughly discuss results and recommendations with refering providers and my patients, and teach my specialty to various students on a daily basis.
- M.D. Medicine
- Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
- B.S. Biology
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, California, United States
- Assistant Professor, Banner University Medical Center at the University of Arizona (2009 - Ongoing)
- Breast Imaging Employee, Arizona Women's Imaging and Northwest Medical Center Women's Imaging and Diagnostics (2006 - 2009)
- George Barnes Resident Teaching Award, Honorable Mention
- Department of Medical Imaging, Summer 2013 (Award Finalist)
- Resident representative for the American Association of Medical Colleges
- I was selected by the department chairman, Dr. Theron Ovitt, to represent our residency at the AAMC., Winter 2001
Licensure & Certification
- Licensed physician able to provide prescriptions for controlled substances, DEA (2005)
- Board-certified radiologist, American Board of Radiology (2005)
- Licensed physician in the state of Arizona, Arizona Medical Board (2003)
Ultrasound-guided cryoablation, population health in regards to screening and diagnostic mammography, thermoacoustic imaging, surgical breast specimen imaging following lumpectomy
All levels and facets of breast imaging, including screening mammography, diagnostic mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and image-guided breast procedures.
No activities entered.
- Borders, M. H., Cheng, L., Fitzpatrick, K. A., & Krupinski, E. (2016). Patient compliance in the setting of BI-RADS Category 3: What factors impact compliance with short-term follow-up recommendations?. The Breast Journal.
- Nguyen, D., Roehrig, H., Borders, M. H., Fitzpatrick, K. A., & Roveda, J. (2014). Innovative visualization and segmentation approaches for telemedicine.. Proceedings for SPIE. doi:10.117/12.2066183
- Krupinski, E., Borders, M. H., & Fitzpatrick, K. A. (2013). Processing Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Specimens: Impact of Specimen Radiography System on Workflow.. The Breast Journal, 1-2..
- Nguyen, D., Roehrig, H., Borders, M. H., Fitzpatrick, K. A., & Roveda, J. M. (2013). Efficient image acquisition design for a cancer detection system.. Proceedings of SPIE. doi:10.117/12.2029781
- Lee, E. S., Ley, M. B., Viscusi, R. K., Waer, A. L., Borders, M. H., & Fitzpatrick, K. A. (2015, April 29). Use of Multiple Wire Localization for Breast Conservation Therapy. 14th Annual Association of Breast Surgeons Meeting. Orlando, FL.
- Pandamouz, A., Delbridge, M., Viscusi, R. K., Borders, M. H., Fitzpatrick, K. A., Ley, M., Waer, A. L., & Lang, J. (2012, May). Impact of Pre-operative Breast MRI on Surgical Plan of Care for Breast Cancer Patients.. American Society of Breast Surgeons Meeting. Phoenix, Arizona: American Society of Breast Surgeons and Annals of Surgical Oncology.
- Borders, M. H., Fitzpatrick, K. A., & Mcclenathan, J. H. (2015. Benign pilomatricoma of the breast(pp 24-26).