Bujji B Ainapurapu
- Clinical Associate Professor, Medicine - (Clinical Series Track)
- Madras Medical College, Chennai, India
- The University of Arizona (2013 - Ongoing)
- The University of Arizona (2010 - Ongoing)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) (2005 - 2007)
- Clinical Excellence Award
- The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Fall 2018
- Excellence in Teaching- Inpatient Assitant Professor
- The University of Arizona Department on Medicine, Summer 2017
- Best Teaching faculty
- UACOM South Campus IM residency, Summer 2016
- Best Teaching Faculty
- University of Arizona IM South Campus Residency, Summer 2014
- American College of Physicians, Spring 2014
Licensure & Certification
- Focussed Practice in Hospital Medicine, ABIM (2014)
- Internal Medicine Board Certification, ABIM (2010)
- Hypertension specialist, American Society of Hypertension (2015)
- ABIM Maintenance of certification (2020)
Quality improvement projects
Bedside teaching- clinical examination, communication with patients.Small group teaching like morning reports.
No activities entered.
- Ainapurapu, B. (2015). Familiarity Breeds Contempt: "Frequent Fliers" in Medicine. Southern medical journal, 108(12), 701.
- Hagio, T., Huang, C., Abidov, A., Singh, J., Ainapurapu, B., Squire, S., Bruck, D., & Altbach, M. I. (2015). T2 mapping of the heart with a double-inversion radial fast spin-echo method with indirect echo compensation. Journal of cardiovascular magnetic resonance : official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 17, 24.More infoThe abnormal signal intensity in cardiac T2-weighted images is associated with various pathologies including myocardial edema. However, the assessment of pathologies based on signal intensity is affected by the acquisition parameters and the sensitivities of the receiver coils. T2 mapping has been proposed to overcome limitations of T2-weighted imaging, but most methods are limited in spatial and/or temporal resolution. Here we present and evaluate a double inversion recovery radial fast spin-echo (DIR-RADFSE) technique that yields data with high spatiotemporal resolution for cardiac T2 mapping.
- Swazo, R., Ainapurapu, B. B., Shirazi, F., Shirazi, F., Swazo, R., & Ainapurapu, B. B. (2019, May). Confused and Belligerent Professor. Medicine Grand Rounds/CPC. UACOM.
- Kumar, S., Power, E., & Ainapurapu, B. B. (2018, Oct). How to aDRESS complication of Allopurinol. ACP-AZ chapter. Tempe: ACP.
- Ainapurapu, B. B., & Blumenkron, F. (2017, October). • Uncommitted to this Ring. ACP-AZ chapter meetingAmerican College of Physicians.
- Ainapurapu, B. B., & Britt, J. (2017, October). Too many platelets and still bleeding!. ACP-AZ Chapter MeetingACP.
- Ainapurapu, B. B., & Kannaiyan, R. (2017, October). The story of a Catwoman. ACP-AZ chapter meetingACP.
- Ainapurapu, B. B., O'Hara, G., & Danawala, L. (2017, October). Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma with Cutaneous Involvement. ACP-AZ chapter meetingACP.
- Ainapurapu, B. B., Swazo, R., & Lam, P. (2017, October). From birth control to blindness. ACP-AZ Chapter Meeting.
- Ainapurapu, B. B., Yousman, W., & Huang, J. (2017, October). Rapidly Progressive Cardiac Allograft Vasculopathy in a Heart Transplant Patient. ACP-AZ Chapter MeetingACP.
- Khare, S. B., Jasper, S., & Khare, S. (2017, October). Cushing’s syndrome and The Lost Art of History and Physical Examination. ACP-AZ chapter meetingACP.
- Tariq, S., Ainapurapu, B. B., & Jaswal, N. (2017, October). The disappearing mole act. ACP-AZ Chapter Meeting.
- August, J., Ainapurapu, B. B., & Zangeneh, T. T. (2016, May). Running Out of Sight- Neuroretinitis secondary to Borrelia Hermsii infection. ACP NationalsAmerican College of Physicians National Meeting.
- Ainapurapu, B. B. (2015, 10/Fal). An unusual cause of a common complaint. ACP-AZ Chapter meeting. Tucson: ACP.
- Jaffer, F., Patel, S., Potharaju, A., Bruzzi, B., & Ainapurapu, B. B. (2015, 10/Fall). Impact of Resident Education in System based practice to improve patient care. ACP-AZ chapter meeting. Tucson: ACP.
- Sandoval, J., Salazar, B., & Ainapurapu, B. B. (2015, 10/Fall). Cranial Germinoma: A rare cause of Panhypopituarism. ACP-AZ chapter meeting. Tucson: ACP.
- Singh, N., Natt, B., Ainapurapu, B. B., & Trowers, E. A. (2015, November/Fall). Hereditary Spherocytosis Leading to Pulmonary Hypertension. American College of Physicians Arizona Meet. Tucson, AZ.