Cynthia Jane Doane
- Director, Attending Veterinarian / University Animal Care
- Veterinary Specialist
- Associate Veterinary Specialist, Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences
- Interim Chief Operating Officer
- D.V.M. Veterinary Medicine
- Univeristy of California, Davis, Davis, California
- B.S. Cognitive Science
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona (2012 - Ongoing)
- Oregon National Primate Research Center (2007 - 2012)
- Charles River Laboratories (2005 - 2007)
- Alamogordo Primate Facility (2003 - 2005)
- Academic Leadership Institute Fellowship
- UAZ Office of Leadership and Development, Fall 2020
Licensure & Certification
- Diplomate, American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (2013)
- Arizona Veterinary Medical License, Arizona Veterinary Medical Examining Board (2012)
- California Veterinary Medical License, California Veterinary Medical Board (2003)
- Accredited Veterinarian, USDA (2003)
Laboratory animal medicine, clinical medicine
Laboratory animal medicine, veterinary medicine, nonhuman primates
Honors ThesisACBS 498H (Spring 2016)
- Kendall, L., Singh, B., Bailey, A., Smith, B., Houston, E., Patil, K., & Doane, C. J. (2020). Pharmacokinetics and efficacy of a long-lasting, highly concentrated buprenorphine solution in female mice. JAALAS, Epub ahead of print.. doi:doi: 10.30802/AALAS-JAALAS-20-000049.
- Besselsen, D. G., Doane, C. J., Hoffman, E., Patil, K., Stokes, J., Stokes, J., Hoffman, E., Patil, K., Doane, C. J., & Besselsen, D. G. (2017). Supernumary Incisors Associated with Administration of Chemotherapeutic Agents in CB6F1 Mice. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science.
- Besselsen, D. G., Doane, C. J., Zimmerman, P. E., Gothard, K. M., Putnam, P. T., Putnam, P. T., Zimmerman, P. E., Gothard, K. M., Doane, C. J., & Besselsen, D. G. (2018). Silicon foreign body in the cerebrum of a rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta). Comparative Medicine, 68(2), 1-5.
- Buckmire, A. B., Lockwood, D. L., Doane, C. J., & Fuglevand, A. J. (2018). Distributed stimulation increases force elicited with functional electrical stimulation. J Neural Engineering, 15(2).
- Coursodon, P., Cox, L., Largent-Milnes, T., & Doane, C. J. (2018). Enhanced Environmental Enrichment Strategies for Retired Rhesus Macaques. LAS Pro.
- Doane, C. J., Hoffman, E., Stokes, J., Patil, K., & Besselsen, D. G. (2018). Supernumerary Incisors in Bone Marrow Transplanted CB6F1 Mice Conditioned with Chemotherapy and Total Body Irradiation. Comparative Medicine, 68(5), 349-352.
- Doane, C. J., Johnson, P., & Besselsen, D. G. (2017). Well-Differentiated Liposarcoma in a Bonnet Macaque (Macaca radiata).. Comparative Medicine, 67(2), 1-4.
- Herrod, J., Doane, C. J., Veltri, C. A., & Mexas, A. (2017). Inappropriate post-operative analgesia is achieved using recommended doses of sustained-release meloxicam in mice. J Animal Health and Behavioural Science, 1, 109.
- Doane, C. J., Andrews, K. A., Schaefer, L. J., Morrelli, N., McAllister, S., & Coleman, K. (2013). Dry bedding provides cost-effective enrichment for group-housed rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta)”.. Journal of the American Association of Lab Animal Science, 52(3), 247-252.
- Mexas, A., & Doane, C. J. (2017, February). Alternative delivery methods for post-operative analgesia using meloxicam in mice. LabRoots Lab Animal Science Conference. virtual web meeting: LabRoots.
- White-James, J., Doane, C. J., Je'Taime, N., Childers, T., & Perry, E. (2017, March). Working out while you work. D8 AALAS Meeting. Salt Lake City, UT: D8 AALAS.
- Herrod, J. A., Mexas, A. M., & Doane, C. J. (2016, Fall). Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics Fail to Support the Use of Three Alternative Delivery Methods for Post-Operative Analgesia Using Meloxicam in Mice. AALAS National Meeting 2016. Charlotte, NC: AALAS.More infoJAALAS 55(5):693-694
- Patil, K., Kendall, L., Singh, B., Bailey, A., & Doane, C. J. (2019, October). Evaluation of long acting buprenorphine (Simbadol™) for analgesia in mice. 70th AALAS National Meeting. Denver, CO: AALAS.
- Singh, B., Bailey, A., Smith, B., Houston, E., Patil, K., Doane, C. J., & Kendall, L. (2019, July). Efficacy of High-Concentration Buprenorphine (Simbadol) as an Analgesic in CD-1 Mice. National Veterinary Scholars Symposium. Tufts University: National Veterinary Scholars Symposium.
- Johnson, C. J., Ruddy, T., White, D. A., Schwartz, R., & Doane, C. J. (2017, March). How Do You Know Which Individual Ventilated Caging System Best Meets My Needs?. D8 AALAS Meeting. Salt Lake City, UT: D8 AALAS.
- Franklin, E., Zimmerman, P., & Doane, C. J. (2016, Spring). The training of nonhuman primates with pole and collar for chair work using positive reinforcement. College of Agriculture Spring Poster Session, May 4, 2016, University of Arizona.
- Franklin, E., Zimmerman, P., & Doane, C. J. (2016, Spring). The training of nonhuman primates with pole and collar for chair work using positive reinforcement. Undergraduate Honors College Poster Session, April 25, 2016, University of Arizona,.
- Herrod, J. A., Veltri, C. A., Doane, C. J., & Mexas, A. A. (2016, Spring). Comparing pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics for three common “hands off” meloxicam formulations using LC-MS. College of Pharmacy – Glendale, Scholarly Showcase, March 17, 2016, Midwestern University. Glendale, AZ.
- Herrod, J., Doane, C. J., Veltri, C., & Mexas, A. (2015, September). Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of “hands off” NSAID formulations in mice. Midwestern University School of Veterinary Medicine AVMA accreditation site visit. Glendale, AZ: Midwestern University School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Johnson, C., Ruddy, T., White, D., Schwartz, R., & Doane, C. J. (2015, November). How do you know which individually ventilated caging meets my needs?. American Association of Laboratory Animal Science 66th National Meeting. Phoenix, AZ: American Association of Laboratory Animal Science.
- Lopez, D. R., Turner, N. R., Brownlee, R., & Doane, C. J. (2013, November). Decreasing stereotypic saluting behavior in a single-housed male rhesus macaque.. American Association of Laboratory Animal Science 64th National Meeting. Baltimore, MD: American Association of Laboratory Animal Science.
- Turner, P. V., Doane, C. J., & Niekrasz, M. A. (2013, April). Best Practices Development for the Use of Nonhuman Primates in Research: The Association of Primate Veterinarians as an Educational Resource for Enhancing Primate Welfare.. FELASA 28th Congress. Brussels, Belgium: Federation of Laboratory Animal Science Associations.