- Area Associate Agent, Family Consumer Health Sciences
- MPH Health Services Administration
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States
- B.S. Dental Hygiene
- Oregon Institute of Technology, Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
Licensure & Certification
- Dental Hygiene Licence, Oregon Board of Dentristry (2008)
- Dental Hygiene Licence, Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners (2014)
- Breastfeeding Peer Councillor, Arizona Department of Heath Services (2018)
Child development, public health & safety.
No activities entered.
- Stuth, C. L., & Derfus, R. (2019, December). EMPOWERed from Start to Finish! How ECE Sites Serving All Ages Can Support Breastfeeding Families. 2019 SAZAEYC Annual Conference: Invest in Each Other: Connect, Collaborate, and Learn. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona.More infoThis workshop is applicable to early childhood providers, as there are opportunities to support breastfeeding families during every interaction and with every age group served. Participants will explore the components of and the barriers to being breastfeeding friendly, as well as better understand the importance of supporting and engaging families by promoting the earliest form of nutrition.
- Stuth, C. L., & Derfus, R. (2019, December). Small Interactions, Lifelong Impact: Integrating Practical and Meaningful Health Education into Learning. 2019 SAZAEYC Annual Conference: Invest in Each Other: Connect, Collaborate, and Learn. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona.More infoSuccessful health education begins with early empowerment, built through fun and dynamic knowledge and skill- building activities. To encourage lifelong healthy behaviors, the University of Arizona incorporates health education into comprehensive programming that promotes and enhances meaningful interactions. Health activities/lessons are developmentally appropriate, inclusive, and easily integrated into daily practices. This workshop will support early childhood professionals to thoughtfully include health learning into classroom priorities, as well as equip them with concrete tools to implement immediately.
- Curley, D. L., Argyros, J., Whitmer, E. B., Martinez, C. L., Dixon, A. L., & Stuth, C. L. (2019, August). Positive Discipline: Improving Parents’ Ability to Understand and Manage Child Behavior. Extension ConferenceUA Cooperative Extension.More infoThis poster is an ESIP funded project in Cochise, Coconino, Gila, Pima, Pinal, and Santa Cruz to teach Positive Discipline to families. Positive Discipline is a relevant, engaging and creative curriculum intended for parents of children ages three through eighteen. Positive Discipline is an evidence-informed curriculum that teaches parents how to change the lens in which they view their relationship with their children.
- Stuth, C. L., Whitmer, E. B., Martinez, C. L., & Parrott, A. M. (2019, August). First Smiles Silver Diamine Fluoride Oral Health in Rural Communities. University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Conference. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona.More infoFirst Smiles SDF is a pilot program intended to develop SDF educational materials, refine placement procedures, and research the acceptance and satisfaction of parents with children that are eligible to receive SDF.