Andrew T Weil
- Director, Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine
- Clinical Professor, Medicine
- Professor, Public Health
- Endowed Chair, Jones and Lovell-Integrative Rheumatology
- M.D. Medicine
- Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Senior elective work devoted to designing and conducting the first controlled human experiments with marijuana
- B.S. Biology - cum laude
- Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Special work on the ethnobotany of medicinal and psychoactive plants; undergraduate thesis on “Nutmeg as a Narcotic."
- International School of America
- A 9-month around-the-world study trip; full scholarship from the American Association for the United Nations.
- Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine (1994 - Ongoing)
- Foundation for Integrative Medicine of Tucson, Arizona (1993 - 2000)
- Canyon Ranch Spa (1985 - 2000)
- Private Practice (1983 - Ongoing)
- Telluride Mushroom Conference (1979 - 2003)
- Beneficial Plant Research Institute (1979 - 1997)
- Botanical Museum of Harvard University (1971 - 1984)
- Institute of Current World Affairs (1971 - 1975)
- self-employed (1970 - 1971)
- National Institute of Mental Health (1969 - 1970)
Licensure & Certification
- License to Practice Medicine, ABMS (1970)
Integrative Medicine, Dietary Myths,Botanicals and Supplements,The Benefits of the Anti-Inflammatory Diet,
Optimal Health: Maximizing the Body’s Own Healing Systems,Integrative Medicine and the Future of Medicine,Health Care in the Future and the Role of Communities,Spontaneous Happiness
No activities entered.
- Weil, A. T. (2018). Health and Wellness. Prevention Magazine.
- Weil, A. T. (2016, 01-05-2016). Interview. Parade Magazine.More infoInterview with Parade Magazine regarding social philanthropy, the Weil Foundation, benefitting AzCIM and other IM educational organizations