James A Knight
- Bart Cardon Sustained Excellence in Teaching
- CALS, Fall 2013
- Distinguished Service Award
- Western Region American Association of Agricultural Education, Fall 2013
- CALS Faculty Member of the Year
- Ag 100 Council, Spring 2013
- Faculty Member of the Year
- ASUA, Spring 2013
- Fulbright Senior Specialist
- Fulbright Commission, Winter 2011
No activities entered.
No activities entered.
- Dittrich, J., Yunos, J., Spottl, G., Bukit, M., Knight, J., & Elliot, J. (2009). TVET Teacher Education: A Vision Beyond Tradition. In Standardisation in TVET Teacher Educatio(pp 49-58). Frankfurt am Main, Germany: Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften.
- Glassman, R. B., Elliot, I. F., & Knight, J. (2007). Interactive agricultural experiences of 4th grade students in Arizona. Proceedings of the Combined International Conference of Computing and Control for the Water Industry, CCWI2007 and Sustainable Urban Water Management, SUWM2007, 667-674.More infoAbstract: People must be scientifically and agriculturally literate in order to make wise and informed economic and political decisions about the use of renewable resources (Cardwell 1994). The introduction and emphasis of standardized testing coupled with the ever-increasing importance of water resource knowledge of the general population has made the issue of agricultural education in arid regions very important. The purpose of this study was to assess the impact of various types of Agriculture in the Classroom curricula and instruction on the agricultural arid lands literacy of 4th grade students. A pre-test/post-test was administered to 21 classrooms in a Public School District in order to compare the agricultural literacy scores of students who participated in three agriculture in the classroom treatments. All treatment groups scored significantly higher than the control group and there were no statistically significant differences between the results of three levels of treatment. © 2007 Taylor & Francis Group,.
- Knight, J. A. (2011). Burgess to Burgess: History of the Deans of CALS. CALS Fall Faculty Meeting. Tucson, Arizona.
- Knight, J. A. (2011). Enhancing Teaching EffectivenessPreparing for Teaching at the University Level. AIAEE Conference Participants. Windhoek, Namibia.
- Knight, J. A. (2011). Leadership Challenges in Difficult Times. College of Medicine Animal Security Group. Tucson, Arizona.
- Knight, J. A. (2011). Sabbatical Reflections. Presented a seminar on the outcomes of my sabbatical to the Department of Agricultural Education faculty, staff, and graduate students.. Tucson, Arizona.