- Clinical Assistant Professor
- D.P.M. Podiatry
- Midwestern University,, Glendale, Arizona, United States
- B.S. Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States
- Foot and Ankle Specialists of Ohio (2018 - 2019)
- Footandanklecases.com (2018)
- Molecular Biology Lab, University of Arizona (2008 - 2010)
- Bioinformatics And Proteomics Lab (2008 - 2009)
Licensure & Certification
- Board Qualified in Forefoot and Rearfoot/Ankle, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (2017)
- #36.003799, Ohio State Board of Podiatry (2017)
- AACFAS, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (2017)
- #0857, Arizona State Board of Podiatry (2017)
Complex Trauma and Limb Salvage ProceduresMuscle FlapsCharcot Deformity CorrectionIlizarov MethodMicrosurgery of Peripheral NervesReconstructive Foot and Ankle SurgeryElective Foot and Ankle SurgeryHigh Risk Diabetic FootTissue Repair and Wound Healing
Disparities in CareAmputation PreventionRegenerative MedicineCharcot PathophysiologyDiabetic Foot/Ankle
No activities entered.
- Najafi, B., Patel, N., & Armstrong, D. G. (2018). Exercise Programs to Improve Quality of Life and Reduce Fall Risk in Diabetic Patients with Lower Extremity Disease. Diabetes and Exercise, 307-318.
- Rodriguez-Collazo, E., Patel, N., Frania, S., Rizzo, D., Khan, A., & Patel, N. (2018). Low Incidence Complication with Anteromedial Angiosome Based Approach to Total Ankle Replacement: A Retrospective Analysis of 27 Cases.. Clinics in Surgery. doi:http://www.clinicsinsurgery.com/pdfs_folder/cis-v3-id2000.pdf
- Geiser, D. L., Patel, N., Patel, P., Bhakta, J., Velasquez, L., & Winzerling, J. J. (2017). Description of a Second Ferritin Light Chain Homologue From the Yellow Fever mosquito.. Journal of Insect Sciences.
- Patel, N., Hatch, D., Wells, C. M., Ahn, D., Harris, M., Jennings, J. A., & Haggard, W. (2017). Characteristics and Clinical Assessment of Antibiotic Delivery by Chitosan Sponge in the High-risk Diabetic Foot: A Case Series. Journal of Wound Care, 26(4), S32-S38,.
- Patel, N., Hatch, D., Wells, C. M., Ahn, D., Harris, M., Jennings, J. A., Haggard, W., & Armstrong, D. G. (2017). Elution characteristics and clinical assessment of the use of a biodegradable chitosan sponge to deliver antibiotics in deep wounds in the high risk diabetic foot.. Journal of Wound Care, 26(S4), S32-S38. doi:https://doi.org/10.12968/jowc.2017.26.Sup4.S32
- Patel, N., & Armstrong, D. G. (2016). Technique of Split Thickness Skin Graft in Diabetic Foot Wounds. Digital Application Touch Surgery in Article and Animation Format.
- Patel, N., Anayati, F., & Armstrong, D. G. (2016). Wound Closure Surgery for DFU’s.. Podiatry Management. doi:https://www.podiatrym.com/pdf/2016/11/Patel1116web.pdf
- Geiser, D. L., Li, W., Gucinski, A. C., Patel, N., Wysocki, V., & Winzerling, J. J. (2012). Characterization of a Novel Aedes Aegypti Ferritin Subunit Identified utilizing Proteomic Techniques.. The FASEB journal.. doi:https://www.fasebj.org/doi/abs/10.1096/fasebj.26.1_supplement.985.4
- Wickramasekara, S., Neilson, J., Patel, N., Breci, L., Hilderbrand, A., Maier, R. M., & Wysocki, V. (2011). Proteomics Analyses of the Opportunistic Pathogen Burkholderia vietnamiensis Using Protein Fractionations and Mass Spectrometry. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology.. doi:https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2011/701928/
- Patel, N., Geiser, D. L., Gucinski, A. C., Wysocki, V. H., & Winzerling, J. J. (2010). Identification and Characterization of a Novel Ferritin Subunit from Aedes Aegypti.. The FASEB. doi:https://www.fasebj.org/doi/abs/10.1096/fasebj.24.1_supplement.670.9
- Patel, N. (2020, September). Diabetic Foot Amputations: Survival and Complications. Vascular Didiactics. Tucson, Arizona: University of Arizona Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery.More infoSeptember 11, 2020
- Patel, N. (2019, Fall 2019). Plastic Surgery in Diabetic Foot.. University of Arizona Department of Surgery Grand Rounds. Tucson Arizona.
- Patel, N. (2018). Current concepts in peripheral nerve surgery.. GPEF for podiatry fellows.
- Patel, N. (2018). Indications and use of mini external rai fixator.. American College of Lower Extremity Surgeons.
- Patel, N. (2018). Use of external fixator for gradual deformity correction. GPEF for podiatry fellows..
- Patel, N. (2017). Anteromedial angiosome based approach for total ankle replacement.. Chicago Lower Extremity Surgical Symposium. Chicago.