Natalie A Brassill
- Assistant In Extension, Environmental Water Quality
Ms. Natalie A. Brassill, Assistant in Extension and Research at the Maricopa Agricultural Center (MAC), recieved her MS in Environmental Microbiology in 2013 from the University of Arizona Department of Soil, Water and Environmental Science and her BA in Biology in 2007 from Castleton University Department of Natural Resources in Vermont. Ms. Brassill works within the Water Quality Program at MAC and conducts both extension and research for the program.
Ms. Brassill's focus within the Water Quality Program at MAC is to provide knowledge and technical information on a broad range of topics related to water quality to industry, government, academic and citizen stakeholders. Research aspects of the program include evaluation of agricultural practices, industrial operations, municipal water systems and environmental quality relating to impaired waters. Extension activities focus on the interaction between the research and the public to promote greater understanding of the issues that affect water quality here in the Southwest.
Ms. Brassill's main focus within the water quality laboratory is the detection and isolation of microbial pathogens and indicators in the environment, mainly from soils, potable water, surface waters, wastewater, and biosolids. In addition, the Water Quality Laboratory is capable of both physical and chemical analyses of various environmental matrices. Ms. Brassill manages this laboratory as well as mobile laboratories that are used to conduct research and outreach throughout the state of Arizona.
- M.S. Environmental Microbiology
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- The Assessment of Escherichia Coli as an Indicator of Microbial Quality of Irrigation Waters Used for Produce.
- B.A. Biology & Chemistry
- Castleton University, Castleton, Vermont
- University of Arizona Maricopa Agricultural Center (2014 - Ongoing)
- University of Arizona Yuma Agricultural Center (2013 - 2014)
- University of Arizona Department of Soil, Water and Environmental Science (2011 - 2013)
- Corporation for National and Community Service; University of Arizona Pinal County Cooperative Extension (2010 - 2011)
- Long Trail Brewing Company (2008 - 2010)
- Corporation for National and Community Service; Castleton State College Center for the Support and Study of the Community (2007 - 2008)
Licensure & Certification
- Bio Hazard Shipment Operator, University of Arizona (2014)
- Bio Safety Coordinator, University of Arizona (2014)
water quality citizen science workshops, microbial lab techniques, field sampling and analysis in the subjects of food safety, surface water quality and water reuse
environmental microbiology, surface water quality, public health, non point source pollution, food safety
No activities entered.
No activities entered.