Nicholas Adolfo Morris
- Associate In Extension, 4-H Youth Development
Currently serving as Associate in Extension, 4-H youth development, Nick leads the AZ 4-H Summit event, the AZ 4-H youth exchange program, and provides support for state-level programming. Prior to arriving at the University of Arizona, Nick spent six years as an adjunct professor at Kent State University, 11 years with the Stark County Park District, and two years as an independent consultant. Nick earned his Ph.D. in 2016 in Kent State University's Cultural Foundations of Education program.
- Ph.D. Cultural Foundations of Education
- Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, United States
- Relocating Education for Sustainability: From the campus to the community
- M.Ed. Education
- Walsh University, North Canton, Ohio, United States
- Rural Perspectives on Higher Education
- B.S. Biology
- Muskingum University, New Concord, Ohio, United States
- Migration and Seasonal Habitat Use of Whitetail Deer (Odocoileus virginianus)
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona (2019 - Ongoing)
- Kestrel Community Solutions LLC. (2017 - Ongoing)
- Stark County Park District (2015 - 2017)
- Stark County Park District (2008 - 2014)
- Stark County Park District (2006 - 2008)
- Jackson Local Schools (2004 - 2005)
- St. Thomas Aquinas High School (2001 - 2004)
- Campus Research Award
- Assiciation for Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, Fall 2017
- Individual Service Award
- Society of Outdoor Recreation Professionals, Spring 2017
Licensure & Certification
- 7-12 LIfe Sciences Teaching License, Ohio Department of Education (2001)
program development, implementation, and evaluation
education for sustinabilityposiitve youth development
No activities entered.
- Morris, N. A. (2019). Education for Sustainability in the Parks: A project inspired by Chet Bowers. American Education Studies Association, 55(5), 563-581. doi:https://doi.org/10.1080/00131946.2019.1663196More infoA paper exploring the alignment of education for sustainability initiatives with Chet Bowers' eco-justice theory.
- Morris, N. A. (2019, Aug). Program Evaluation for Development. Arizona Cooperative Extension Conference. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.
- Morris, N. A. (2019, November). Cooperative Extension and Education for Sustainability. Finnish Education Research Association. Joensuu, Finland: Finnish Education Research Association.More infoThe American Land Grat University Cooperative Extension Model Serves as a space to realize the aims of Education for Sustainability
- Morris, N. A., Romero, A. J., & DeBlois, M. (2019, August). POSTER. Extension Conference. Tucson: University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.More infoAn exploration of the usability of a Positive Youth Development (PYD) Application POSTER within the Arizona 4-H program
- Morris, N. A., & Elliott-Engel, J. (2019, August). Encouraging the Next Steps: A Framework for 4-H Youth Engagement in State, National, and International Events. Annual University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Conference. Tucson, AZ.
- Morris, N. A., Elliott-Engel, J. A., Jimenez, V., Parrott, A. M., Hauser, M. W., & Sparks, E. W. (2019, December). 4-H County Professional Onboarding: An Assessment of U.S. Early Career Onboarding Process. National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals Conference. Savannah, GA.
- Morris, N. A., Elliott-Engel, J., Lopez, G. U., Moore, J. D., Christman, K. A., Avery, D., & Walsh, M. E. (2019, August). Arizona 4-H Summit: Campus, Career, and Community Engagement [EC1]. Annual University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Conference. Tucson, AZ.