- Assistant Director, Arizona Hispanic Center of Excellence
- Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine - (Clinical Scholar Track)
- MPH Community Health Education
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California, United States
- M.D. General Medicine & Surgery
- Universidad de Costa Rica, San Pedro de Montes de Oca, Costa Rica
- Assistant Director, Arizona Hispanic Center of Excellence, University of Arizona Health Sciences (2016 - Ongoing)
- Director, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona (2013 - 2016)
- Associate Director, Office of Outreach and Multicultural Affairs, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona (2007 - 2013)
- Named Outstanding Post-Secondary Chapter Advisor at 2012 National Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) Leadership Conference
- Health Occupations Students of America, Summer 2012
- Recipient of the Latino Medical Student Association - Western Region’s Outstanding Faculty/Staff Award
- Latino Medical Student Association, Spring 2012
- Selected to participate in the University of Arizona College of Medicine’s Learning to Lead Faculty Leadership Program
- COM-Faculty Affairs, Spring 2012
- Recipient of the Arizona Health Sciences Center’s Bootman Faculty Scholarship in Interprofessional Education
- Arizona Telemedicine Program, Spring 2011
- Recipient of the University of Arizona Peter W. Likins Inclusive Excellence Award (Staff Team)
- University of Arizona, Spring 2009
Medical SpanishHealth DisparitiesCross Cultural Communication in health care settings
Caring for Limited English Proficiency patientsMedical interpretation servicesHispanic/Latino healthGlobal health
InternshipLASC 393-SA (Summer I 2016)
PreceptorshipCPH 491-SA (Summer I 2015)
Independent StudyMED 499 (Spring 2014)
- Beita, O. (2008). Problem-Based Medical Spanish.
- Stoneking, L. R., Waterbrook, A. L., Garst Orozco, J., Johnston, D., Bellafiore, A., Davies, C., Nuno, T., Fatas, J. M., Beita, O., Ng, V., Grall, K., & Adamas-Rappaport, W. (2016). Does Spanish instruction for emergency medicine resident physicians improve patient satisfaction in the emergency department and adherence to medical recommendations?. Advances in Medical Education and Practice, 7, 467-473.More infoApproximately 1 hours spent on project for 2015
- Beita, O. (2008). Promotores Contra el Tabaco en la Frontera: eLearning Applications for Culturally Competent Tobacco Dependence Treatment. Hispanic Health Care International.
- Beita, O. (2000). Prevalence of Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors in Costa Rican Adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- Beita, O. (1984). Lesiones cerebrales en Hipertensión Arterial. Acta Médica Costarricense.
- Beita, O. (2016, Spring). Bilingual Medical Spanish Distinction Track: Results from the Baseline Spanish Proficiency Assessment. AAMC - 2016 Western GEA Regional Meeting. Tucson, Arizona: Association of American Medical Colleges.