- Assistant Agent, Horticulture
My work focuses on developing and delivering educational programs and providing technical support to the consumer and commercial horticulture sectors, as well as urban agriculture and food systems in Pima County, Arizona. I oversee and support the Pima Smartscape and Pima County Master Gardener programs and interface with University of Arizona and cooperative Extension personel and collaborate with community organizations and other stakeholders to promote sustainable natural resource use and urban horticulture.
Licensure & Certification
- Certified Horticulturalist, American Society for Horticultural Science (2019)
Agriculture, Horticulture, Natural Resource Management
Soil health, Sustainable landscapes, Food Systems, Urban forestry,
No activities entered.
- Filer, P. (2019, 04/26/2019). School Gardens and Climate Change. Climate Change for Teachers. Santa Rita Experimental Range: Pima County 4-H.
- Filer, P. (2019, 11/17/2019). Vertebrate Pest Management. Pinal County Master Gardener training programPinal County Cooperative Extension.
- Chamberland, M. J., & Filer, P. (2020, August). Maintaining Landscapes During Heat and Drought. Web page. https://extension.arizona.edu/maintaining-landscapes-during-heat-drought
- Filer, P. (2019, 10/17/2019). Vertebrate Pest Management. Pinal County Master Gardener training.
- Filer, P. (2019, December). Christmas Cactus. University of Arizona Cooperative Extension, Website.
- Filer, P. (2019, July). Master Gardeners, on the Move!. SW Horticulture. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://indd.adobe.com/view/c12fd4db-c073-4ce6-ba94-a3d4fa4ad8a9&sa=D&ust=1580967813262000&usg=AFQjCNE1YSSNmW9RMOqK8F22_4r9ebcooA
- Filer, P., & Colaianni, M. (2019, May). Growing in the Desert: Tucson Summer Gardening Tips. KOLD News 13 Tucson. https://www.kold.com/2019/05/16/growing-desert-summer-tucson-gardening-tips/