Patricia L Stowers
- Professor of Practice, Teaching/Learning and Sociocultural Studies
Dr. Patricia Stowers taught social studies at Flowing Wells High School and was named the 1997 Arizona Teacher of the Year. She received the UA/Circle K High School Faculty Teacher of the Year Award and the UA Alumni Association Distinguished Citizen Award. She is an Associate Professor of Practice in the College of Education, and received an Outstanding Service Award from the college in 2002 for her work creating and directing the Teach Arizona program.
- Ed.D. Teaching and Teacher Education
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States
- “First-Year Induction Experiences of University of Arizona Secondary Education Graduates and the Potential Role of the College in Providing Inductive Support”
- University of Arizona, College of Education (1982 - Ongoing)
Licensure & Certification
- Arizona Secondary Teaching Certificate (1987)
Dr. Stowers’ expertise is in pre-service teacher preparation, particularly in the areas of curriculum, instruction and classroom management. She has developed classroom simulations and service learning projects for high school students. She has more than twenty years of experience coordinating university-school partnerships in teacher preparation.
Recent Rsrch Tch+SchoolTLS 539 (Spring 2021)
Alt Secondary ClassroomTLS 546 (Fall 2020)
Independent StudyTLS 599 (Spring 2020)
Recent Rsrch Tch+SchoolTLS 539 (Spring 2020)
Topics Teacher EducationTLS 596 (Fall 2019)
Recent Rsrch Tch+SchoolTLS 539 (Spring 2019)
Topics Teacher EducationTLS 596 (Fall 2018)
Independent StudyTTE 599 (Spring 2018)
Recent Rsrch Tch+SchoolTTE 539 (Spring 2018)
Alt Secondary ClassroomTTE 536 (Fall 2017)
Recent Rsrch Tch+SchoolTTE 539 (Spring 2017)
Alt Secondary ClassroomTTE 536 (Fall 2016)
Recent Rsrch Tch+SchoolTTE 539 (Spring 2016)
No activities entered.