Raymond F Carmody
- Professor, Medical Imaging
- Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona (1981 - Ongoing)
- Fellow, American College of Radiology
- ACR, Spring 1999
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Spring 1969
- Best Doctor in America
- Best Doctors, Inc., Winter 2015
- Outstanding Teacher to Medical Students
- Medical students rotating on neuroimaging, Spring 2014
- Distinguished Service Award
- American Board of Radiology, Spring 2012
Licensure & Certification
- Diplomate, American Board of Radiology, American Board of Radiology (1975)
- Recertification of Added Qualification in Neuroradiology (2016)
- Certificate of Added Qualification, Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology (1996)
- Medical License, Arizona, Arizona Board of Medical Examiners (1980)
Diseases of the orbit and temporal boneCNS lymphoma
No activities entered.
- McCrary, H. C., Faucett, E. A., Reghunathan, S., Aly, F. Z., Khan, R., Carmody, R. F., & Jacob, A. (2017). The First Reported Case of Recurrent Carcinoid Tumor in the External Auditory Canal. Otology & neurotology : official publication of the American Otological Society, American Neurotology Society [and] European Academy of Otology and Neurotology, 38(1), 114-117.More infoCutaneous neuroendocrine lesions of the external auditory canal (EAC) are exceptionally rare, with only five cases reported in the literature. In this case report, we present a patient with a recurrent carcinoid tumor in the EAC, which has yet to be described.
- Carmody, R. F., Meshskar, A., Villablanca, P., Khan, R., & Nael, K. (2014). Role of Echo-Planar Fluid Attenuated Inversion Recovery (EPI-FLAIR) in Acute Stroke Patients: A Comparative Analysis with FLAIR. Am J Neuroradiol, 35(5), 878-883.
- Spicer, C., Becker, J., Udayasankar, U., & Carmody, R. F. (2016, October). MRI and CT of Sinonasal and Orbital Mucormycosis. Western Neuroradiological Society Annual Meeting. Austin, TX.
- Becker, J., Kubal, W. S., Hur, S., Khan, R., Inampudi, R., Carmody, R. F., Gilbertson-Dahdal, D., Buckner, R., & Nael, K. (2015, April 2015). The Utility of a Rapid 13-Minute MRI Protocol for Evaluation of the Pediatric Brain Following Intracranial Trauma. American Society of Neuroradiology Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL: American Society of Neuroradiology.
- Carmody, R. F., Kramer, J., & Winegar, B. A. (2017, September). Endophthalmitis: Spectrum of CT and MR imaging findings. ASHNR annual meeting. Las Vegas, NV: American Society of Head & Neck Radiology.
- Carmody, R. F. (2013, May). Carmody R, Khan R, and Nael K. CT and MRI Findings in Orbital Lymphoma. American Society of Neuroradiology Annual Meeting. San Diego CA: ASNR.More infoScientific Exhibit
Other Teaching Materials
- Carmody, R. F. (2014. Carmody R, Khan R, Mafee M. CT and MRI of Orbital Lymphoma. American Society of Head and Neck Radiology.