Mark D Wheeler
- Clinical Professor, (Clinical Series Track)
- M.D. Medicine
- UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, United Kingdom
- B.S. Microbiology
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States
- Best Doctors in America
- Best Doctors in America, Spring 2019
- Best Doctors in America, Spring 2018
- American Diabetes Association CARE Award
- American Diabetes Association, Spring 2009
No activities entered.
Pediatric EndocrinologyPED 850P (Fall 2021)
Pediatric EndocrinologyPED 850P (Spring 2021)
- Hetherington-Rauth, M., Bea, J. W., Blew, R. M., Funk, J. L., Hingle, M. D., Lee, V. R., Roe, D. J., Wheeler, M. D., Lohman, T. G., & Going, S. B. (2018). Relative contributions of lean and fat mass to bone strength in young Hispanic and non-Hispanic girls. Bone, 113, 144-150. doi:10.1016/j.bone.2018.05.023More infoWith the high prevalence of childhood obesity, especially among Hispanic children, understanding how body weight and its components of lean and fat mass affect bone development is important, given that the amount of bone mineral accrued during childhood can determine osteoporosis risk later in life. The aim of this study was to assess the independent contributions of lean and fat mass on volumetric bone mineral density (vBMD), geometry, and strength in both weight-bearing and non-weight-bearing bones of Hispanic and non-Hispanic girls.
- Wheeler, M. D., Barrientos-Perez, M., Lo, F., Liang, B., Lunford, A., Thórisdóttir, Ó., & Zuckerman-Levin, N. (2018). "A 26-week, randomized trial of insulin detemir versus NPH insulin, both in combination with metformin and lifestyle intervention, in children and adolescents with type 2 diabetes (iDEAt2)". European Journal of Pediatrics, 177(10), 1497-1503. doi:10.1007/s00431-018-3205-z
- Faulkner, M. S., Michaliszyn, S. F., Hepworth, J. T., & Wheeler, M. D. (2014). Personalized exercise for adolescents with diabetes or obesity. Biological research for nursing, 16(1), 46-54.
- Perfect, M. M., Patel, P. G., Scott, R. E., Wheeler, M. D., Patel, C., Griffin, K., Sorensen, S. T., Goodwin, J. L., & Quan, S. F. (2012). Sleep, glucose, and daytime functioning in youth with type 1 diabetes. Sleep, 35(1), 81-88.
- Chin, C., Wheeler, M. D., Stout, J., Patel, P., Berg, M., & Typpo, K. V. (2018, May). Updated DKA Guideline Shortens Duration of Insulin Infusion and Hospital Length of Stay for Patients with Severe DKA. Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting. Toronto: Pediatric Academic Societies.