- Assistant Professor, Medicine - (Clinical Scholar Track)
- M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona (2014 - Ongoing)
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona (2008 - 2011)
Licensure & Certification
- ABIM Critical Care (2018)
- ABIM IM (2008)
- ABIM Pulmonary (2015)
Interventional PulmonologyILDCritical CareTransplant Pulmonology
No activities entered.
- Chaudhary, S. (2016). Bronchial Artery Embolization. Southwest Journal of Pulmonary and Critical Care.
- Jarrett, B., Ghazala, S., Chao, J., & Chaudhary, S. (2016). Case of Steven-Johnson Syndrome in a male with breast cancer secondary to docetaxel/cyclophosphamide therapy. BMJ case reports, 2016.More infoThe mortality rate for Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) is estimated to be ∼12% and for toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) it is around 30%. It continues to be a severe life-threatening drug reaction. We present a 60-year-old Caucasian man with a medical history significant for breast cancer status post mastectomy and chemotherapy with docetaxel and cyclophosphamide who presented with severe mucositis and a progressing skin rash consistent with SJS. He was started on high-dose corticosteroids and IVIG but continued to have worsening mucosal ulcerations and severe bleeding from the oral, conjunctival and genital mucosa. He underwent several rounds of plasmapheresis and additional high-dose steroids with mild improvement in the mucocutaneous manifestations. He subsequently developed respiratory failure, which required mechanical ventilation, as well as disseminated intravascular coagulation, diffuse alveolar haemorrhage, with Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia which led to his demise on hospital day 15.
- Wong, C., Fernandes, A., Huang, J., & Chaudhary, S. (2015). Medical image of the week: ascaris lumbridoies. Southwest Journal of Pulmonary Critical Care.
- Chaudhary, S. (2010). Coccidioidomycosis in Lung Transplant Recipients in an Endemic Area. Chest.
- Chaudhary, S., Knox, K. S., Raz, Y., & Meinke, L. E. (2010). Coccidioidomycosis in Lung Transplant Recipients in an Endemic Area. American College of Chest Physicians.
- Poojary, I., Meinke, L. E., & Chaudhary, S. (2011, January/Winter). Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension When Seen in HIV Clinical Case Puzzlers. CHEST. Honolulu, HI.
- Chaudhary, S., Knox, K. S., Raz, Y., & Meinke, L. E. (2010, October/Fall). Coccidioidomycosis in Thoracic Transplants. Infectious Disease Conference at the University of Arizona. Tucson, AZ.
- Chaudhary, S., & Goldman, J. (2006, May/Spring). Myxedema Coma. American College of Physicians Chapter Meeting. Troy, MI.
- Ahmad, K., & Chaudhary, S. (2015, May/Spring). Recurrent Diffuse Alveolar Hemorrhage Induced By Hepatitis C Associated Mixed Cryoglobulinemia. American Thoracic Society. Denver, CO.
- Chaudhary, S. (2019, May/Spring). Case report of DIPNECH. American Thoracic Society. Dallas Texas.
- Chaudhary, S., Knox, K. S., & Natt, B. (2019, 2019). CA 19-9: A Novel biomarker for the diagnosis and progression of Interstitial Lung Disease. American Thoracic Society. Dallas Texas.
- Chaudhary, S., Goldschmid, M., & Szerlip, H. (2010, September/Fall). Riding out of the storm: treatment of Thyroid storm. American College of Physicians Meeting Arizona Chapter. Phoenix, AZ.
- Nagaraja, V., Underwood, S., Munagala, P., Chaudhary, S., Potharaju, A., & Szerlip, H. (2010, September/Fall). Interns' acquaintance to the system, poster presentation. American College of Physicians Arizona Chapter Annual Meeting. Phoenix, AZ.
- Doraiswamy, V., Nagaraja, V., Chaudhary, S., & Goldschmid, M. (2008, October/Fall). Middle aged man with altered Mental Status, severe Metabolic Acidosis and Acute Renal Failure. American College of Physicians Arizona Chapter.
- Nagaraja, V., Doraiswamy, V., Bucknor, Y., Chaudhary, S., Answer, F., & Goldschmid, M. (2008, October/Fall). Thyroid storm and coma-an atypical presentation, poster presentation. American College of Physicians Arizona Chapter.
- Chaudhary, S., Grandhi, J., & Goldman, J. (2007, March/Spring). Thyrotoxic Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis. Annual Research Day at Synergy Medical Education Alliance. Saginaw, MI.
- Chaudhary, S., Talati, S., Khan, U., & Kogulan, P. (2007, May/Spring). A Unique Case of Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES). Annual Research Day at Synergy Medical Education Alliance. Saginaw, MI.