Elizabeth B Juneman
- Associate Professor, Medicine - (Clinical Scholar Track)
Elizabeth Juneman, MD, is an associate professor of medicine in the Division of Cardiology at the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson, and she is the interim director of advanced heart failure & cardiac transplantation at Banner UMC Tucson.
Dr. Juneman received her BS in electrical engineering at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. She attended medical school at the University of Texas - Houston Health Sciences Center. Dr. Juneman completed her internal medicine residency and cardiology fellowship at the University of Arizona College of Medicine. She joined the UA faculty in 2007 and worked at Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (Tucson VA) where she served as director of echocardiography and director of heart failure for seven years. In 2015, Dr. Juneman returned to the University of Arizona employment where she served as Director of Ambulatory Cardiology. In 2018, she assume the role of interim Medical Director of the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation Program in Tucson.
Dr. Juneman is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and advanced heart failure/transplantation. She is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC). She is a member of American Heart Association and Heart Failure Society of America. Dr. Juneman won the Charles W. Hall Jr. Memorial Cardiology Fellowship Teaching Award in 2011, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (Tucson VA) Clinician of the Year in 2013, dean list for excellence in teaching first year medical students in 2018 and is recognized by her peers as one of the Best Doctors in America since 2009.
Dr. Juneman’s research interest is focused on mechanical and cellular remodeling in heart failure. She is interested in alterations in systolic and diastolic dysfunction in various cardiomyopathies. In her clinical research, Dr. Juneman’s focus is in heart failure. She has served as a principal investigator in nationally funded, multi-center clinical trials, as well as her own investigator-initiated clinical trials. She has authored multiple original research publications, a book chapter, and multiple clinical reviews. As to the Tucson community, Dr. Juneman has served on the board of directors of a non-profit organization focused on the children of Tucson.
- M.D. Doctor of Medicine
- University of Texas, Houston, Texas, United States
- B.S. Electrical Engineering
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
Licensure & Certification
- Arizona Medical License, Arizona Medical License (2000)
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners (2003)
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine (2004)
- Level II Certificate, Cardiac Computed Tomography (2007)
- Diplomate, Cardiology Nuclear Board Certification (2008)
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease (2009)
- Diplomate, American Board of Echocardiography (2012)
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, Advanced Heart Failure & Transplantation (2014)
No activities entered.
Honors Independent StudyPSIO 399H (Spring 2018)
Honors Independent StudyPSIO 399H (Fall 2017)
Directed ResearchPSIO 492 (Spring 2017)
Honors ThesisPSIO 498H (Spring 2017)
Directed ResearchPSIO 492 (Fall 2016)
Honors ThesisPSIO 498H (Fall 2016)
No activities entered.