John Michael Heusinkveld
- Assistant Professor, (Clinical Scholar Track)
Dr. John Heusinkveld is a Board Certified specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive surgery with Banner - University Medical Center Tucson’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has over 13 years of experience in surgical and nonsurgical treatment of pelvic floor disorders such as pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. He also practices general gynecology.
Prior to joining the faculty at BUMC Tucson, Dr. Heusinkveld worked extensively with underserved Native American populations, and also internationally in Afghanistan, where he helped to rebuild womens health care in the post-Taliban era by training Afghan physicians in modern gynecologic surgery. He has been a University faculty member since 2011, and his professional memberships include the American Urogynecologic Society and the AAGL.
- Clinical Excellence Award
- University of Arizona College of Medicine, Fall 2019
- Best FPMRS in Tucson
- Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, Summer 2019
Licensure & Certification
- Board Certified Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (2006)
- Board Certified Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (2013)
Advanced laparoscopic surgeryPelvic reconstructive surgeryVaginal hysterectomy
Pelvic support surgery outcomesIncontinence surgery outcomesRecurrent cystitis
No activities entered.
- Heusinkveld, J. (2016, Spring). Vesico-vaginal Fistula Repair. Society of Gynecologic Surgeons.
- Heusinkveld, J. (2017, October). Update in urogynecology. Tucson Medical Center OBGYN Grand Rounds. Tucson, AZ: Tucson Medical Center.