John Michael Heusinkveld
- Assistant Professor, (Clinical Scholar Track)
Dr. John Heusinkveld is a Board Certified specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive surgery with Banner - University Medical Center Tucson’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has over 13 years of experience in surgical and nonsurgical treatment of pelvic floor disorders such as pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. He also practices general gynecology.
Prior to joining the faculty at BUMC Tucson, Dr. Heusinkveld worked extensively with underserved Native American populations, and also internationally in Afghanistan, where he helped to rebuild womens health care in the post-Taliban era by training Afghan physicians in modern gynecologic surgery. He has been a University faculty member since 2011, and his professional memberships include the American Urogynecologic Society and the AAGL.
- Outstanding Patient Satisfaction Score
- Banner Health, Fall 2020
- Clinical Excellence Award
- University of Arizona College of Medicine, Fall 2019
- Best FPMRS in Tucson
- Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, Summer 2019
- National Faculty Award
- American College of OBGYN, Summer 2019
Licensure & Certification
- Board Certified Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (2013)
- Board Certified Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (2006)
Pelvic support surgery outcomesIncontinence surgery outcomesRecurrent cystitis
Advanced laparoscopic surgeryPelvic reconstructive surgeryVaginal hysterectomy
No activities entered.
- Heusinkveld, J., & Barton, J. (2021). Sub-millimeter Endoscope Demonstrates Feasibility of In Vivo Reflectance Imaging, Fluorescence Imaging, and Cell Collection in the Fallopian Tubes. Journal of Biomedical Optics.
- Heusinkveld, J., & Hatch, K. (2020). Regarding "Laparoscopic Pectopexy with Burch Colposuspension for Pelvic Prolapse Associated with Stress Urinary Incontinence". Journal of minimally invasive gynecology.
- Heusinkveld, J. (2016, Spring). Vesico-vaginal Fistula Repair. Society of Gynecologic Surgeons.
- Heusinkveld, J. (2017, October). Update in urogynecology. Tucson Medical Center OBGYN Grand Rounds. Tucson, AZ: Tucson Medical Center.