- Associate Professor, Dendrochronology
No activities entered.
No activities entered.
DissertationGEOS 920 (Fall 2020)
Intro to Global ChangeGC 170A1 (Fall 2020)
ResearchGEOS 900 (Fall 2020)
DendochronologyANTH 597C (Spring 2020)
DendrochronologyGEOS 497C (Spring 2020)
ResearchGEOS 900 (Spring 2020)
Intro to Global ChangeGC 170A1 (Fall 2019)
ResearchGEOS 900 (Fall 2019)
DendochronologyGEOS 597C (Spring 2019)
DendrochronologyGEOS 497C (Spring 2019)
- Struble, W., Roering, J., Black, B., Burns, W., Calhoun, N., & Wetherell, L. (2020). Dendrochronological dating of landslides in western Oregon: Searching for signals of the Cascadia AD 1700 earthquake. Geological Society of America Bulletin. doi:10.1130/B35269.1
- Black, B. A., Andersson, C., Butler, P. G., Carroll, M. L., DeLong, K. L., Reynolds, D. J., Schoene, B. R., Scourse, J., van, d., Wanamaker, A. D., & Witbaard, R. (2019). The revolution of crossdating in marine palaeoecology and palaeoclimatology. BIOLOGY LETTERS, 15(1).
- Garcia-Reyes, M., Lamont, T., Sydeman, W. J., Black, B. A., Rykaczewski, R. R., Thompson, S. A., & Bograd, S. J. (2018). A comparison of modes of upwelling-favorable wind variability in the Benguela and California current ecosystems. JOURNAL OF MARINE SYSTEMS, 188, 17-26.
- Matta, M. E., Helser, T. E., & Black, B. A. (2018). Intrinsic and environmental drivers of growth in an Alaskan rockfish: an otolith biochronology approach. ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY OF FISHES, 101(11), 1571-1587.
- Perkins, J., Roering, J., Burns, W., Struble, W., Black, B., Schmidt, M., Duvall, A., & Calhoun, N. (2018). Hunting for landslides from Cascadia's great earthquakes. Eos. doi:doi.org/10.1029/2018EO103689
- Wanamaker, A., Ummenhofer, C., Whitney, N., Parfitt, R., Black, B., Lower-Spies, E., Introne, D., & Kreutz, K. (2018). Pacific climate influences on ocean conditions and extreme shell growth events in the Northwestern Atlantic. Climate Dynamics, 1-18. doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-018-4513-8
- Black, B., Edge, D., Reynolds, D., von Biela, V., & Dunton, K. (2020, January). Multi-decadal to multi-centennial histories of climate, productivity, and teleconnections in Alaskan marine ecosystems. Alaska Marine Science Symposium. Anchorage, AK: North Pacific Research Board.
- Black, B., Reynolds, D., von Biela, V., & Dunton, K. (2020, January). Quantifying Annually-Resolved Climate Variability in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas Over Past Decades to Centuries. Alaska Marine Science Symposium. Anchorage, AK: North Pacific Research Board.
- Black, B. (2019, December). Fisheries, forests, and five centuries of North Pacific ecosystem variability. Invited Seminar, Gulf Coast Research Institute. Gulfport, MS.
- Black, B. (2019, January). Fisheries, forests, and the linkages across North Pacific marine and terrestrial ecosystems. Northern Arizona University Dept. of Biology invited seminar. Falgstaff, AZ.
- Black, B. (2019, June). Towards an integrated synthesis of Earth’s coupled marine-terrestrial systems. Invited keynote address, 5th International Sclerochronology Conference. Split, Croatia.More infoThis was an invited keynote address
- Black, B. (2019, September). Integrating across global networks of crossdated marine and terrestrial growth-increment chronologies. Geological Society of America Annual Meeting.
- Black, B. (2020, May). Dendrochronological indicators of drought and urbanization in riparian zones. Texas Water Research Network Annual Meeting. Austin, TX.
- Edge, D., Reynolds, D., Griffin, D., & Black, B. (2019, September). A Multi-proxy Extratropical North Pacific Temperature Reconstruction from Bivalves and Trees. Geological Society of America Annual Meeting. Phoenix, AZ.
- Zamora-Reyes, D., Trouet, V. M., Black, B., & van der Sleen, P. (2018, Dec). Enhanced climatic variability over California post-1950: A synthesis of observed and reconstructed trends and possible explanations. American Geophysical Union annual meeting. Washington, DC.More infoDiana presented this talk at AGU 2018