Maricela P Moffitt
- Professor, Internal Medicine - (Educator Scholar Track)
Dr. Moffitt completed medical school at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston in 1986. She completed residency training in Internal Medicine at the University of Texas in Houston in 1989 and was selected as a chief resident in 1990. She joined the faculty in the Department of Medicine at Maricopa Integrated Health System in June of 1990 and remained there until 2005. She has held many academic and administrative positions including: Clerkship Director, Associated Program Director in Internal Medicine Residency, Co-Program Director Med-Peds Residency, and Director of Academic Affairs. During her tenure at MIHS she was elected president of the Medical Staff and served as a medical staff officer from 1998-2003.
Tuberculosis and Public Health have always been interests. Dr. Moffitt obtained a Masters in Public Health from the University of Arizona in the Charter Class 1993-1994. As part of an internship project she responded to an RFP from the CDC. She was subsequently funded over one million dollars for a five year project in clinical trials of new methods for the treatment of Tuberculosis, in addition she participated in the CDC’s Tuberculosis Trials Consortium (TBTC.) She also served as the Chief Medical Officer, TB Control and as Deputy State Tuberculosis Control Officer.
Currently, she is the Director of the Doctoring Curriculum at the University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix. She holds the Academic rank of Professor of Medicine. She has received numerous teaching and service awards. Clinically she has practiced and taught Internal Medicine as faculty at Maricopa Integrated Health System and now at the Carl T. Hayden VA in Phoenix as a Hospitalist.
- MPH Public Health
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States
- M.D. Medicine
- University of Texas, Houston, Texas, United States
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Director Doctoring Curriculum, University of Arizona College of Medicine (2007 - Ongoing)
- Director of Academic Affairs, Maricopa Integrated Health System (1999 - 2005)
- Founding and Co Program Director Medicine-Pediatric, Maricopa Integrated Health System (1992 - 1994)
- Chief Medical Officer Tuberculosis Control, Maricopa County Public Health (1991 - 2008)
Licensure & Certification
- Internal Medicine Board Certification, American Board of Internal Medicine (1989)
- Arizona Medical License, Arizona Medical Board (1990)
Clinical skillsCommunication skills
No activities entered.
No activities entered.