Linda J Perez
- Senior Lecturer, Nursing
- MHA Administration
- Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
- Bear Down Award
- Alumni Association, Fall 2019
- Nexus Sumit Award 2018
- National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, Summer 2018 (Award Nominee)
- Annual Service Awards 2018
- University of Arizona, Spring 2018
- Fabulous Fifty Nurses
- Tucson Nurses Week Foundation, Spring 2018
- McGaffic, Monroe adn Rogers Memorial Award for Clinical Teaching
- University of Arizona College of Nursing, Spring 2016
Licensure & Certification
- Medical Surgical Certification, ANCC (2011)
- Registered Nurse, Arizona State Board of Nursing (1990)
- Integrative Nursing Faculty Fellowship, University of Arizona (2017)
- Basic Quality and Safety Certificate, Institute for Helath Care Improvement (2016)
- Diversity in the Classroom Workshop Series, University of Arizona (2017)
No activities entered.
Fndtions in Nursing CareNURS 356 (Fall 2020)
Independent StudyNURS 399 (Summer I 2020)
Provider of Care I: Pract CompNURS 509B (Summer I 2020)
Fndtions in Nursing CareNURS 356 (Spring 2020)
Trans to Prof Nurs RoleNURS 479 (Spring 2020)
Trans to Prof Nurs RoleNURS 479 (Fall 2019)
Honors ThesisNURS 498H (Spring 2019)
Trans to Prof Nurs RoleNURS 479 (Spring 2019)
Honors ThesisNURS 498H (Fall 2018)
Nurs Ldrshp+Mgt Hlth SysNURS 478 (Fall 2018)
Trans to Prof Nurs RoleNURS 479 (Fall 2018)
Fndtions in Nursing CareNURS 356 (Spring 2018)
PracticumNURS 694 (Spring 2018)
Fndtions in Nursing CareNURS 356 (Fall 2017)
Leadership/Patient Center CareNURS 641 (Summer I 2017)
Fndtions in Nursing CareNURS 356 (Spring 2017)
Fndtions in Nursing CareNURS 356 (Fall 2016)
Quality and Safety ManagementNURS 654 (Summer I 2016)
Fndtions in Nursing CareNURS 356 (Spring 2016)
- Perez, L. J. (2019, April/ Spring). UAHS Faculty LGBTQ + Interest Groups. 2018 -2019 Diversity Series. UAHS: Office of Diversity and Inclusion.More infoPresentation with Medicine, Pharmacy and Public Health related to Diversity and Inclusion of the LGBTQ community.
- Perez, L. J. (2019, November/Fall). Yuma Friends UAHS Recruitment of High School Students. UAHS Recruitment of High School Students in Yuma, AZ. Yuma, Arizona: Yuma Friends.More infoWith Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health, speak to graduating seniors from all Yuma, Arizona schools to recruit students into the health science fields.
- Perez, L. J. (2019, September/Fall). Tips of Enhancing Student Engagement Using technology. CATS Presentation. College of Nursing: University of Arizona.More infoPresentation on additional ways to engage students using software that is available and engaging and innovative for the new generation of students.
- Kiser, L. H., Kiser, L. H., Perez, L. J., & Perez, L. J. (2018, March). Integrative Nursing and Transforming Nursing Education. Third International Nursing Conference. Hermosillo, MX: Universidad de Sonora.
- Perez, L. J. (2018, February). Giving Feedback to students based on QSEN/nof Competencies. CATS Presentation. Tucson, Arizona: University of Arizona.More infoDisseminated information obtained at Elsevier Nursing conference on how to best give students feedback in the clinical meeting using both Nurse of the Future Competencies and QSEN Competencies.
- Perez, L. J. (2018, March). Overview of Integrative Nursing and Integrative Therapeutics. 3rd Congreso Internacional De Enfermeria. Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico: Universidad De Sonora.
- Perez, L. J. (2018, November). Nursing Admission Information. Yuma Health Science Day - Recruiting event at High schools. Yuma, Arizona: Yuma Friends.More infoPresented information about the U of A Nursing program to recruit students from under represented areas.
- Perez, L. J. (2018, September). Global Health Challenges in the US-Mexico Borderlands. Tucson Rotary Club Conference. Tucson , Arizona: Tucson Rotary Club.More infoPanel Presentations on understanding of the global health challenges in the US-Mexico borderlands, the greatest global/border health challenges that are seen in the workplace today, and how Rotary can help support the continued mission and work.
- Perez, L. J., & Lacasse, C. L. (2018, May). Nurse of the Future Competencies: Are You a Nurse of the Future or the Past?. Tucson Nurses Week Foundation. Ventana Canyon Tucson Arizona: Tucson Nurses Week Foundation.More infoThe purpose of this presentation is to describe the link between the Nurse of the Future Competencies and nursing practice in the future. it is also to begin a dialogue about the future of health care and nursing
- Perez, L. J., Goldsmith, M. M., & Pool, N. M. (2018, October). Integrative Nursing Faculty Fellowship: BSN Curriculum Transformation. University of Arizona Homecoming Research Intensive. Tucson, Arizona: University of Arizona.More infoInformation disseminated on Integrative Nursing Faculty fellowship, how this was integrated into a BSN curriculum and how it is utilized in the Nursing Research Class.
- Perez, L. J., & Lacasse, C. L. (2018, January). Innovative Education in Palliative and End-of-Life Care for Baccalaureate Students. Elsevier Nursing Conference. Las Vegas, Nevada: Elsevier.More infoPoster Presentation. Nurses play a key role in providing palliative care and many feel inadequately prepared to provide this care. Integrated learning activities focused on palliative care help nurses develop a critical skill set to meet complex patient needs. Competencies and Recommendations for Educating Undergraduate Nursing Students and Preparing Nurses to Care for the Seriously Ill and their Families (2016) provide a foundation for faculty guided knowledge application activities.
- Grammater, K. C., Challenger, K. L., & Perez, L. J. (2017, May). Infusing Integrative Nursing Techniques into the First Semester Curriculum of a Baccalaureate Program. Tucson Nurses Week Conference and Healthy Fair. Tucson, AZ: Tucson Nurses Week Foundation.