- Assistant Librarian
- Program Director, Community Based Health Information Resources
- M.L.S. Information Resources and Library Science
- The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- B.A. Linguistics
- The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- Arizona Health Sciences Library (2018 - Ongoing)
- University of Arizona Health Sciences Library (2017 - 2018)
- The University of Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, Department of Health Promotion Sciences (2003 - Ongoing)
- University of Arizona Rural Health Office (1982 - 2002)
No activities entered.
Independent StudyHPS 499 (Fall 2017)
Border Hlth Svs Lrn InstCPH 597C (Summer I 2017)
Independent StudyCPH 499 (Spring 2017)
- Austhof, E., Boyd, K., Schaefer, K., McFadden, C., Owusu-Dommey, A. .., Hoffman, S., Villa-Zapata, L. .., McClelland, D. J., & Pogreba-Brown, K. .. (2021). Scoping Review of Toxoplasma Postinfectious Sequelae. Foodborne Pathog. Dis., 18(10), 687-701.
- Chebet, J. J., Ehiri, J. E., McClelland, D. J., Taren, D., & Hakim, I. A. (2021). Effect of d-limonene and its derivatives on breast cancer in human trials: a scoping review and narrative synthesis. BMC Cancer, 21(1).
- Hermanski, A., McClelland, J., Pearce-Walker, J. .., Ruiz, J., & Verhougstraete, M. (2021). The effects of blue spaces on mental health and associated biomarkers. Int. J. Ment. Health.
- Lohr, A. M., Van Gorden, N., McClelland, D. J., Dubinsky, E., Gerald, L. B., Wilkinson-Lee, A. M., & Carvajal, S. C. (2021). Updating Search Strategies for Literature Reviews with OUR2D2: An Open Source Computer Application. Journal of the Medical Library Association.More infoBackground: While writing a scoping review, we needed to update our search strategy. We wanted to capture articles generated by our additional search terms and articles published since our original search. Simultaneously, we strove to optimize project resources by not re-screening articles that had been captured in our original results. Case Presentation: In response, we created Open Update Re-run Deduplicate (OUR2D2), a computer application that allows the user to compare search results from a variety of library databases. OUR2D2 supports Extensible Markup Language (XML) files from EndNote and comma-separated values (CSV) files using article titles for comparisons. We conducted unit tests to ensure appropriate functionality as well as accurate data extraction and analysis. We tested OUR2D2 by comparing original and updated search results from PubMed, Embase, Clarivate Web of Science, CINAHL, Scopus, ProQuest Dissertation and Theses, and Lens and estimate that this application saved 21 hours of work during the screening process. Conclusions: OUR2D2 could be useful for individuals seeking to update literature review strategies across fields without re-screening articles from previous searches. Because the OUR2D2 source code is freely available with a permissive license, we recommend this application for researchers conducting literature reviews who need to update their search results over time, want a powerful and flexible analysis framework, and may not have access to paid subscription tools.
- Palmer, K., Rivers, P. S., Melton, F. L., McClelland, D. J., Hatcher, J., Marrero, D. G., Thomson, C. A., & Garcia, D. O. (2021). Health promotion interventions for African Americans delivered in U.S. barbershops and hair salons- a systematic review. BMC Public Health, 21(1).
- Reynolds, K. A., Sexton, J. D., Norman, A., & McClelland, D. J. (2021). Comparison of electric hand dryers and paper towels for hand hygiene: a critical review of the literature. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 130(1), 25-39.
- Valencia, D. Y., Habila, M., McClelland, D. J., Degarege, A., Madhivanan, P., & Krupp, K. (2021). Infection-associated biofilms and statins: Protocol for systematic review. BMJ Open, 11(5).
- Coulter, K., Ingram, M., McClelland, D. J., & Lohr, A. (2020). Positionality of community health workers on health intervention research teams: A scoping review. Frontiers in Public Health, 8, 1-12.
- Lohr, A. M., Krause, K. C., Mcclelland, D. J., Van Gorden, N., Gerald, L. B., Del Casino, V. J., Wilkinson-Lee, A. M., & Carvajal, S. C. (2021). The Impact of School Gardens on Youth Social and Emotional Learning: A Scoping Review. Journal of Adventure Education and Outdoor Learning. doi:DOI: 10.1080/14729679.2020.1838935
- Lott, B. E., Trejo, M. J., Baum, C., McClelland, D. J., Adsul, P., Madhivanan, P., Carvajal, S., Ernst, K., & Ehiri, J. (2020). Interventions to increase uptake of cervical screening in sub-Saharan Africa: A scoping review using the integrated behavioral model. BMC Public Health, 20(1).
- Palmer, K., Rivers, P., Melton, F., McClelland, J., Hatcher, J., Marrero, D. G., Thomson, C., & Garcia, D. O. (2020). Protocol for a systematic review of health promotion interventions for African Americans delivered in US barbershops and hair salons. BMJ Open, 10(4).
- Santos, E. M., McClelland, D. J., Shelly, C. E., Hansen, L., Jacobs, E. T., Klimentidis, Y. C., & Ernst, K. C. (2020). Malaria education interventions addressing bed net care and repair practices: a systematic review. Pathogens and Global Health, 114(1), 2-15.
- Anderson, E. J., Krause, K. C., Krause, C. M., Welter, A., McClelland, D. J., Garcia, D. O., Ernst, K., Lopez, E. C., & Koss, M. P. (2021). Web-Based and mHealth Interventions for Intimate Partner Violence Victimization Prevention: A Systematic Review. TRAUMA VIOLENCE & ABUSE.
- Anderson, E. J., McClelland, J., Meyer Krause, C., Krause, K. C., Garcia, D. O., & Koss, M. P. (2019). Web-based and mHealth interventions for intimate partner violence prevention: A systematic review protocol. BMJ Open, 9(8).
- Pogreba-Brown, K., Austhof, E., Armstrong, A., Schaefer, K., Zapata, L. V., McClelland, D. J., Batz, M. B., Kuecken, M., Riddle, M., Porter, C. K., & Bazaco, M. C. (2019). Chronic Gastrointestinal and Joint-Related Sequelae Associated with Common Foodborne Illnesses: A Scoping Review. FOODBORNE PATHOGENS AND DISEASE.
- Carvajal, S. C., Kibor, C., McClelland, D. J., Ingram, M., de, Z. J., Torres, E., Redondo, F., Rodriguez, K., Rubio-Goldsmith, R. .., Meister, J., & Rosales, C. (2014). Stress and Sociocultural Factors Related to Health Status Among US-Mexico Border Farmworkers. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, 16(6), 1176-1182.
- Carvajal, S. C., Rosales, C., Rubio-Goldsmith, R. .., Sabo, S., Ingram, M., McClelland, D. J., Redondo, F., Torres, E., Romero, A. J., O'Leary, A., Sanchez, Z., & De, Z. J. (2013). The border community and immigration stress scale: A preliminary examination of a community responsive measure in two southwest samples.
- Hill, A., De, Z. J., Staten, L. K., Jean McClelland, D., Garza, R., Moore-Monroy, M. .., Elenes, J., Steinfelt, V., Tittelbaugh, I., Whitmer, E., & Meister, J. S. (2007). From program to policy: Expanding the role of community coalitions.
- Chong, J., Ingram, M., McClelland, D. J., Lopez, D., & De, Z. J. (2000). Smoking behavior in a smoking workplace.
- Hall-Lipsy, E. A., Maqueo-Chew, A. G., Carroll, T. L., Cooley, J. H., Mcclelland, D. J., & De Zapien, J. G. (2016, September). Developing an assessment tool for an interprofessional, binational, service learning activity for health professions students: focusing on empathy, advocacy, and cultural competency outcomes. All Together Better Health VIII. Oxford, England: World Coordinating Committee of Inteprofessional Networks.