Deborah L Curley
- Area Assistant Agent, Pima County / Santa Cruz County
- MPH Maternal and Child Health
- University of Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, Tucson, Arizona, United States
- Developing a quality assurance manual for the Navajo Family Health Resource Network.
- B.A. Major - Politicial Science; Minor - French
- University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia, United States
- University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Pima County (2015 - Ongoing)
- University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Santa Cruz County (2010 - 2015)
- LeCroy & Milligan Associates, Inc. (2010)
- First Things First (2009)
- Peace Corps (2004 - 2008)
- Southern Regional Council (2000 - 2004)
- Open Society Institute (1996 - 1999)
- Planned Parenthood of East Central Georgia (1996)
- Peace Corps (1993 - 1996)
- Innovation in Programming Award, 2nd Place Western Region
- National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Fall 2019
- Excellence in Teamwork Award, 1st Place Western Region
- National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences., Fall 2018
- Excellence in Teamwork Award: State Winner
- Arizona Association of Extension 4-H Agents, Fall 2018
- Certification of Appreciation
- Office of the School Superintendent of Santa Cruz County, Spring 2018
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Federal Correctional Institution, Spring 2017
- Judge's Pick
- Expect More Arizona, Fall 2015
Licensure & Certification
- Infant Toddler Developmental Guidelines, Standards and Program Guidelines, Arizona Department of Education (2014)
- Level 5 Family Transitions Triple P, Triple P (2016)
- CPR Certification, Heart Savers (2018)
- Strengthening Families Protective Factors (2019)
- Culturally Linguistic Appropriate Services, USDA WIC (2019)
- Partners in Parenting Education Provider, How To Read Your Baby (2012)
- Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors Facilitator, Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors (2015)
- Level 4 Group Triple P, Triple P (2017)
- Level 2 Selected Seminars Triple P, Triple P (2017)
- KIPS Certificate, Comfort Consults (2013)
- Mandatory Reporting, Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center (2019)
No activities entered.
No activities entered.
- Curley, D. L., & Argyros, J. (2018). Coaching Guidelines for Parent-Child Interaction. University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.
- Curley, D. L., Dixon, A. L., & Argyros, J. (2019, October). Why We Act the Way We Do: Understanding and Maximizing Productivity. Celebrate the Young Child Conference.
- Dixon, A. L., Curley, D. L., & Argyros, J. (2019, October). Why We Act the Way We Do: Understanding and Maximizing Productivity. Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP).
- Curley, D. L. (2019, April). Family Engagement Program - Fatherhood Involvement. Fatherhood Panel, Family Studies and Human Development Class. Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences: University of Arizona.
- Curley, D. L. (2019, February). Introduction to Family Engagement Programming. Data Blitz. Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences: University of Arizona.
- Curley, D. L. (2019, February). Meeting to Make a Difference. Undergraduate Classroom Guest SpeakerWestern Washington University.More infoInvited presentation in a Global Affairs undergraduate course at Western Washington University on the elements and benefits of engaging in Collective Leadership.
- Curley, D. L., & Burruel, C. (2019, April). Building Critical Thinking Skills in Children. Around the Cracker Barrel Radio Show. KGVY Radio 101.5 FM Green Valley.
- Curley, D. L., & Dixon, A. L. (2019, Feb). Making Connections Thrive and Last; Specifically in Rural and Hard-to-Reach Areas. JCEP Extension Leadership Conference. San Antonio, TX: Joint Council of Extension Professionals.
- Curley, D. L., Harris, G., Ruiz, M., Smith, M., & Ahn, R. (2018, March). Building Child Behavior Management Skills in Incarcerated Parents. International Helping Families Change Conference (HFCC). Santa Rosa, CA: Parenting and Family Support Centre at The University of Queensland - in support of Triple P (Positive Parenting Program).
- Curley, D. L., Speirs, K., & Dixon, A. L. (2018, September). Trends and Innovations in Parenting Education. NEAFCS Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX.
- Curley, D. L., & Dixon, A. (2016, September). Strategizing the Tug-of-War between Program Implementation and Evaluation. NEAFCS Annual Meeting. Big Sky, MT.
- Curley, D. L., Padilla, F., & Castro, Y. (2016, August). Meeting to Make a Difference: Key Components to an Effective Coalition. First Things First Summit. Phoenix: Birth to Five Partners.More infoThis presentation shared the experience of building an effective coalition in Santa Cruz County.
- Curley, D. L., Dixon, D. L., & Argyros, J. D. (2015, August). Coaching for Parent-Child Interaction. First Things First Summit. Phoenix: First Things First.More infoThis presentation gave parent educators and home visitors information on:- How parent-child interaction affects brain development- Tools to coach parents to better interactions- Ways for parents to practice interactions on their own
- Argyros, J. D., Curley, D. L., Dixon, A. L., Martinez, C. L., Stuth, C. L., & Whitmer, E. B. (2019, August). Positive Discipline: Improving Parents’ Ability to Understand and Manage Child Behavior. Extension ConferenceUA Cooperative Extension.More infoThis poster is an ESIP funded project in Cochise, Coconino, Gila, Pima, Pinal, and Santa Cruz to teach Positive Discipline to families. Positive Discipline is a relevant, engaging and creative curriculum intended for parents of children ages three through eighteen. Positive Discipline is an evidence-informed curriculum that teaches parents how to change the lens in which they view their relationship with their children.
- Curley, D. L., Burruel, C., & Jeffers-Sample, A. (2019, August). Growth Behind Bars. Extension ConferenceUA Cooperative Extension.More infoThis project creates a special collaboration between the Pima County Family Engagement Program, Pima County 4-H, and The Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona. The purpose is to offer an interactive program in the garden for individuals who have been involved with the criminal justice system and their children.
- Speirs, K., Argyros, J., Curley, D., Hernandez, B., & Lechuga, I. (2019, August). Developing a Text Message Database. Extension ConferenceUA Cooperative Extension.More infoThis poster describes an ESIP-funded project to develop a database of text messages to be used with parent education programs delivered at the Family Resource Centers (FRC) in Santa Cruz County. Participants in the Abriendo Puertas, Fine Arts for Threes, Keys for Threes, Kindergarten Readiness, Kindergarten Literature, Play and Learn, Partners in Parenting Education, Positive Discipline, and Power of Parenting classes will receive the text messages using the free REMIND system. The messages are designed to remind participants about program content, provide suggestions for how parents can use at home what they learn at the FRC, reinforce learning objectives, and increase participant retention.
- Curley, D. L., Speirs, K., & Dixon, A. L. (2018, August). Engaging Parents. Cooperative Extension Conference. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona.More infoEC1 for 2018
- Curley, D. L. (2017, October). Family Engagement Program. Pima Day - hosting Director of Cooperative Extension. Pima County Cooperative Extension: Pima County Cooperative Extension.More infoThis was a poster to describe the work of the Family Engagement Program to the director of Cooperative Extension. Each program from Pima County did the same.
- Curley, D. L., Dixon, D. L., & Argyros, J. D. (2015, August). Family Resource Centers: Preparing families with children aged 0-5 for Kindergarten.. UA Cooperative Extension Faculty Conference. Tucson: CALS.More infoThis poster provides the research base, program methods and results of a Family Resource Center Program.
- Curley, D. L. (2017. Five Elements of Collective Leadership for Early Childhood Professionals(pp TBD).More infoCase study of collective leadership.
Other Teaching Materials
- Curley, D. L. (2017. Child Care Orientation Power Point. UA Cooperative Extension.
- Curley, D. L., Argyros, J., & Duval, D. F. (2017. Santa Cruz County Family Resource Centers Policy Action Brief. University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.
- Curley, D. L., Bae, A., & Evans, M. (2016. Child Care Manual. UA Cooperative Extension Pima County.More infoThis is an internal policy and training manual for the child care component of the Family Engagement Program. The manual covers the following topics: child care preparation checklist; sign in sheets; agenda; games and songs; feeding guide; inventory list; incident report; timesheets; invoices; mileages sheets and the health and safety section.
- Curley, D. L. (2020, June). Retrospective Pre Post Evaluation of Climate and Culture. Tucson Unified School District.
- Curley, D. L., & Arizmendi, K. (2019, January). Family Engagement in Arizona. UA Cooperative Extension Website.More infohttps://extension.arizona.edu/family-engagement
- Curley, D. L., & Arizmendi, K. (2019, June). Positive Discipline Classes Statewide. UA Cooperative Extension Website.More infohttps://extension.arizona.edu/positive-discipline-classes
- Curley, D. L., & Manzini, D. (2019, August). Pima County Parenting Coalition. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/PimaCountyParentingCoalition/More infofacebook.com/UACooperativeExtensionEarlyChildhoodDevelopment/
- Curley, D. L., & Manzini, D. (2019, August). Website Announcement Rack Card. Pima County Parenting Coalition.
- Curley, D. L., & Manzini, D. (2019, October). Family Engagment Program Brochure. UA Cooperative Extension.
- Curley, D. L., Manzini, D., & Arizmendi, K. (2018, September). Family Engagement in Pima County. UA Cooperative Extension Website.More infohttps://extension.arizona.edu/pima-family-engagement
- Curley, D. L. (2017, August). Resources for Parents and Caregivers. United Way.
- Curley, D. L., & Jennifer, A. (2017, July). FRC Program Survey Version 2.
- Curley, D. L., Adams, T., Neff, A., Del Percio, N., & Miranda, V. (2017, November). Website of Parent Education Classes and Activities. Pima County Parenting Coalition. http://pimaparenting.org
- Curley, D. L., Heather, F., Kim, M., Margaret, P., Andrea, C., Kimberly, J., Sonia, C., Sarah, K., Nicole, P., Teresa, W., Renee, G., Cory, R., & Cholpon, R. (2016, June). FSA Survey. Family Support Alliance Grantees.
- Curley, D. L., & Argyros, J. D. (2015, September). Family Resource Center Client Database 2.0. ALVSCE Server. http://www.cals.arizona.edu/frc