Juan M Arias
- Assistant Agent, Agriculture Natural Resources
- M.S. Agriculture Education
- University of Arizona, Arizona, United States
- B.S. Public Health- Community Health
- Long Beach State, Long Beach, California, United States
- Heart of Extension Award
- UArizona Cooperative Extension, Winter 2020
No activities entered.
No activities entered.
- Farella, J., & Arias, J. M. (2021, Spring). Cultural Relevance in Programming – Strategies for Practice. Positive Youth Development Academy. Virtual: Program Leaders Working Group - Advancing the 4-H Thriving Model Task Force.More infoThe cultural awareness breakout session will focus on practical identity inclusion in PYD programming. The hosts will introduce some essential elements of identity and culture and discuss practical program adaptation in different communities. Attendees are encouraged to share their own experiences and join a focused discussion on creating safe and inclusive spaces, and preparing volunteers to be effective within different cultural settings.
- Moore, J. D., Farella, J., & Arias, J. M. (2020, October). Applying the Peoplehood Model: A Model for Assessing Indigenous Identity Inclusion in Extension Programming. University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Conference. Virtual: University of Arizona CALS Cooperative Extension.More infoSite and program level assessment. This tool is designed to do three things: (1) provide a short working review PYD staff should complete in order to better understand Indigenous groups in their area, (2) provide some basic resources/things to look for when working with First Nation governments, and (3) provide a site/program level assessment tool to critique the cultural inclusiveness and relevance of programming initiatives. Our goal here is to highlight important themes of identity that should be incorporated to make our PYD work meaningful to all stakeholders.
- Arias, J. M. (2019, Decemeber). San Carlos FRTEP programs. Indian Agriculture Council. Las Vegas: FRTEP.
- Arias, J. M. (2019, March). San Carlos Apache Tribe FRTEP programs. Hualapai Tribe Spring Horituclture Workshop. Hualapai Tribe( Peach Srings) AZ: FRTEP Hualapai.
- Arias, J. M. (2019, October). Food Sovereignty In San Carlos Apache Tribe. Native Waters. reno, nevada: Extension.
- Lopez, G. U., Lonchar, T., Yee, K., Hanson, H., Rivas, E. L., Ruiz, N. E., DeVeau, S. N., Vasovski, S., Johnson, K. R., Sekaquaptewa, S. K., Kaye, Y., Josytewa, S., Arias, J. M., Muwanas-Arias, N., Kinlicheenie, K. L., Contreras, S., Munoz, E., Smith, D., Parra, A. P., , Lester, D. F., et al. (2020, August). 4-H STEM YOUniversity: Robotics CoderZ Virtual Camp Fall 2020. Annual University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Conference. Tucson, AZ.
- Alves, J. L., Arias, J. M., Dixon, A. L., Speirs, K., & Sekaquaptewa, S. K. (2019, August). Connecting Intergenerational Families with Culturally Relevant Early Literacy Programs. Extension Conference. Tucson, AZ: UA Cooperative Extension.
- Arias, J. M. (2019, August). Reconnect Tribal Youth to Agriculture and Natural Resources: An ESIP Project. Extension Confrence. Tucsin, AZ: UA Cooperative Extension.
- Arias, J. M., & Greene, E. (2019, August). Creating Educational Opportunities for San Carlos Apache Ranchers: An ESIP Project. Extension Confrence. Tucson, AZ: UA Cooperative Extension.
- Arias, J. M., & Greene, E. A. (2020. AZ 4-H Ag at Home Series: “Pumpkin: Planting Basics”. (3:19). online video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUtYup2nPSIMore infoDirector (10%)
- Greene, E. A., & Arias, J. M. (2020. AZ 4-H Ag at Home Series: “DIY: Watering Container”. (4:43). online video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzNk-8fZ7Y4&feature=youtu.beMore infoDirector (10%)
- Arias, J. M. (2020, September). Pumpkin: Planting Basics. https://extension.arizona.edu/az-4-h-ag-home.More infoA quick, 3-minute video to show you how to get your own pumpkins planted and growing.
- Arias, J. M. (2020, september). DIY Watering Container. https://extension.arizona.edu/az-4-h-ag-home.More infoDIY Watering Container: do it yourself video for youth and adults to the garden at home
- Moore, J. D., & Arias, J. M. (2019, August). Arizona 4-H Shooting Sports Webpage. Arizona 4-H State Programs Website. https://extension.arizona.edu/arizona-4-h-shooting-sports-education
- Greene, E. A., & Arias, J. M. (2018, February). San Carlos Horse Workshop. Peridot Rodeo Grounds, Peridot, AZ..More infoGreene, E.A. and J. Arias. 2018. San Carlos Horse Workshop, Peridot Rodeo Grounds, Peridot, AZ. (February 17, 2018) Nutrition (E.A. Greene) Biosecurity (E.A. Greene) Vaccines (E.A. Greene) Q & A (E.A. Greene)